VANGUARD AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL TOURNAMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bushiroad Championship Series: Autumn Circuit 2018 (a.k.a Australia Nationals 2018) is conducted by Cosplay Ozanimart Pty Ltd of Level 1, 311 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 on behalf of Bushiroad International Pty Ltd of 331 North Bridge Road, #03-03 Odeon Towers, Singapore, 188720 (Company Registration No.: 201024177E) (“Bushiroad”).
- The Promotion will be conducted at Collingwood Town Hall, 140 Hoddle St, Abbotsford VIC 3067 (the “Venue”) from 9:00am on 2 December 2017 to 5:00pm on 3 December 2017.
- The Promotion will take the format of a round robin tournament where eligible entrants (“Entrants”) participate in games of “Cardfight! Vanguard” in order to win the prize to be provided by the Bushiroad.
- The Promotion is only open to Entrants, who are:
- resident in Australia;
- eligible to compete in the full days Swiss of tournaments and Top Cut Playoff.
- The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- Entry to the Promotion by registration during or prior to the Promotion Period constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the Promotion and registering, Entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Promotion, to take the Prize if they are the winner and adhere to these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Promotion, during the Promotion Period, Entrants must:
- Register by filling in all of the required data fields on the registration form provided to the Entrant at the Venue during the Promotion Period; and
- Register their details to become a subscriber to the OzAnimart Pty Ltd Newsletter list at any time prior to or during the Promotion Period; and
- Compete for first place in the Vanguard Australian National final tournament.
- Registered individuals must play the complete Vanguard Australian National tournament to be eligible for the Prize.
- Entry is free.
CONDUCT DURING THE PROMOTION
- All entry instructions, competition rules which shall be the Vanguard Australian National Championship Rules (copy of which can be obtained at http://cf-vanguard.com/en/howto/ ) (the “Rules”) subject to any variations to the same which the Promoter may stipulate during the Promotion Period, and prize information published by the Promoter or declared by the Promoter during the Promotion Period form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- All Entrants must conduct themselves in accordance with the Rules and adhere to all instructions provided by the Promoter during the Promotion Period.
- An Entrant may be disqualified at the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion in the event that an Entrant:
- Is in breach of any of the Rules;
- Is late in attendance with respect to any timing restriction or limit or starting time (s) stipulated by the Promoter;
- Is found to be cheating or displays dishonesty in any aspect of the competition;
- is engaged in or participates in conduct that is:
- racially or ethnically offensive;
- capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
- capable of violating any law; and/or
- capable of giving rise to civil liability.
- Entrants must ensure that their registration forms are received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Should an Entrant’s contact details or their parent and/or guardian’s contact details change at any time between the time that they enter the Promotion and the close date/time of the Promotion, that Entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
- All registrations may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An Entrant must, within 7 days of being asked, at the Promoter’s cost allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any other documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win, including but not limited to evidence of age, residence, passport nationality and/or identity.
- The Promoter can decide in its sole discretion which technique is considered suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win.
- The Promoter may at any time cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any restrictions under the legislation.
- The winner of the Grand Final of the round robin (the “Winner”) will be announced either at during or within a reasonable time win the following prize (the “ PRIZE” ) to the maximum value of $2,000.00 including GST (“Maximum Value”) and which includes:
- International return flights from Australia to Tokyo, Japan.
- Accommodation in Tokyo for no more than four nights.
- Entry fee to compete in the Bushiroad World Championship.
- To the extent that the actual cost of the Prize exceeds the Maximum Value, the Promoter may at its sole discretion require the Entrant to make up the difference in cost and or vary the Prize in any way it deems fit.
- The Prize does not include transport to/from the Bushiroad World Championship venue. Furthermore, spending money, meals, travel taxes, travel insurance, passports, visas, transport to and from the departure point and all ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the Winner.
- The Winner acknowledges that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions
imposed by third parties. The Winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the Prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the Prize, nor for the breach of those conditions by any person.
- In particular in accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to abide by:
- Rules and Regulations, immigration restrictions and law, international law as may be stipulated by any government authorities with respect to the Winner’s travel;
- Any terms and conditions or rules stipulated by the service provider of the flights to and from the Prize destination;
- Any terms and conditions or rules of the accommodation provider(s); and
- Any rules, terms and conditions stipulated by Bushiroad and its event organisers with respect to the World Championship event; and the Winner agrees to indemnify the Promoter and Bushiroad and keep them indemnified with respect to any loss or damage, claim or liability which they may suffer as a result of any breach of or failure to abide by the same.
- The Prize is nontransferable or redeemable for cash and neither the Promoter nor Bushiroad accepts any responsibility for any variation in the prize value of the Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications which the Winner may be subject to as a result of winning the Prize and each Entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in relation to the tax implications relating to the Prize or acceptance of the Prize.
- The Prize value is correct as at 1 October 2017 and are reflective of the Recommended Retail Price and are in Australian Dollars. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in the Prize values.
- If the Prize (or any part of the Prize, if applicable) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by any Winner or any other party if any Prize (or part of any Prize, if applicable) is unavailable for any reason.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged and, except as expressly permitted by these Terms and
Conditions, cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
- The Prize can be transferred at the Promoter’s sole discretion. In the event that the Promoter exercises its discretion to allow a Winner to transfer the Prize, the transfer will be on the condition that the transferee accepts all terms and conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions and the Promoter may require such acceptance in writing in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion at any time, subject to any direction given under State permit regulations.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter, Bushiroad and its agencies and companies associated with the Promotion (the “RELEVANT PARTIES” ) will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost, expense or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to, that caused by any person’s negligence) by any Entrant in connection with the Promotion or the Prizes, including:
- any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits;
- any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and
- any liability for personal injury or death.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without
limitation, due to bad weather, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, including to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to any direction given under the relevant State/Territory permit regulations.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter:
- is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in thecourse of the Promotion; and
- is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of flight details.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria.
- These rules are Terms and Conditions and constitute the entire terms and conditions between the Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion and cannot be altered, modified or amended.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- In entering to the competition, the Entrant agrees to:
- Give Bushiroad and all its subsidiary companies the irrevocable right to use his/her name, picture, portrait, or image in all forms of media and in all manners, including composite or distorted representation, for advertising, trade, or any other lawful purposes for the period indicated above; and
- Waive any right to inspect or approve the finished still image and moving footage such as DVD or video footage, sound track or written copy that may be created by Bushiroad or the Photographer/Videographer or the eventual use to which it might be applied;
- And Release, discharge and save harmless the Photographer/Videographer his or her
representatives, employees or any person or persons, or corporation, for whom he might be acting, including any firm publishing and/or distributing the finished product, in whole or in part, from and against any liability arising from the use of my name, picture, portrait or image; and
- Have read and understood these terms and conditions.